Thursday, August 7, 2008

Things that happen at my Abu Dhabi workplace that I do not think happen anywhere else

1. Men in and out of the bathroom cleaning it, sometimes when I am in a stall and always when I really need to go
2. An infestation of biting ants under my desk
3. Take-out delivered right to one's desk. (See #2, perhaps)
4. My wastepaper basket, emptied at least four times a day.
5. Tea boys.
6. Women smoking in the bathroom, people smoking in the stairwell, bosses smoking in their offices
7. A woman who drops by weekly to offer the latest pirated DVDs. (That one, sadly, ended abruptly this week when management wised up)
8. A brand-new kitchen with stainless fridge and microwave... but no sink.
9. Unbelievably large, beetle-like bugs that also bite.
10. Loads of skinny stray cats meowing at whoever goes outside.

1 comment:

rosh said...

....and you were saying, celebs pump their own gas? that place is where the east truly meets the west.

:)

How to be a happy expat

Because a cloud wall makes you want to take a selfie.  After 10 years living in the UAE, some of that time happy, some miserable and ...