Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sheikh Zayed: Hockey player



This picture hangs at the Abu Dhabi Ice Rink (more on that later). There are pictures of a young Sheikh Zayed, founder of the nation, doing almost everything, including bowling and shopping, but I had to chuckle when I saw this. Apparently he knew how to play hockey as well. And why wouldn't he. I love this picture all the more because it incorporates my favourite word in all of the UAE: "Ghantoot". I also like the hand gesture he is making in the top pic.

1 comment:

AD said...

Hey,

;) you kinda got it wrong this isn't the late Shaikh Zayed bin sultan Al Nahyan
This is his son Shaikh Falah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan

How to be a happy expat

Because a cloud wall makes you want to take a selfie.  After 10 years living in the UAE, some of that time happy, some miserable and ...