Saturday, March 2, 2013

Awesome Art: Don't miss Camelops Femina, Olaf Breuning's upcoming show at Carbon 12 Gallery in Dubai

Normally I don't get this excited about art. I mean, I like it, I pay attention to what's going on because I am interested, and because contrary to what the moaners say, there is a lot going on. But not excited, really.

That was until I saw the press release for Olaf Breuning's upcoming solo show - his first in the Middle East - at Carbon 12. This is the guy who donned bunny ears on a visit to the Easter Islands and, well, you can see what's happening next month in Dubai for yourself:



The sell:
This time, the artist goes the opposite way many 19th century iconographers took: he digs back 10,000 years in history to excavate an extinct species of Camel that wandered across North America, in order to make us look at pre-conceived ideas and iconography from a different perspective.

Perfection. On at Carbon 12, March 18 to April 30.










No comments:

How to be a happy expat

Because a cloud wall makes you want to take a selfie.  After 10 years living in the UAE, some of that time happy, some miserable and ...