Saturday, April 20, 2013

"Keep Calm" with a Middle East twist

Last week felt crazy all over, didn't it? There was that earthquake, right after the bombings at the Boston Marathon, the manhunt, the fear and unease among Arabs and Muslims at irresponsible reporting in the US. The price of gold is dropping, and in this region, summer is definitely coming. It was oppressive and turbulent all at the same time. It was also a perfect time for Gallery One to introduce its cheeky new "Keep Calm" series. I like "Keep a Camel and Eat Dates" myself (having one of those magical creatures for my very own would keep me calm always, I am sure of it, and I am currently obsessed with medjool dates, or, as I like to call them, nature's perfect food). The stationery, posters, badges etc cost from Dh15 up to Dh489 and are available at locations around Dubai and Abu Dhabi's Souk Qaryat Al Beri.


I am also a big fan of the latest, "get back to normal Boston" version that was circulating Facebook this weekend. "Keep Wicked Calm and Say Hi To Your Mother For Me." Best if said in a Mark Wahlberg accent.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried putting your Medjool dates in the freezer? The result is a delicious caramel chew. Enjoy!

How to be a happy expat

Because a cloud wall makes you want to take a selfie.  After 10 years living in the UAE, some of that time happy, some miserable and ...