Sunday, January 25, 2015

Ace Hardware in Abu Dhabi: Book & Bean is no longer

What it used to look like.
What it looks like now.
One of the capital's only used bookstores, Book N Bean at Ace Hardware on Yas Mall, has closed. Admittedly, I had not been to Ace Hardware in eons, so who knows when this happened?

Still, it makes me very sad. I loved looking at all the used books, and buying some of them, I loved the coffee, and I loved popping by to watch these passionate players on Friday mornings.

4 comments:

My Yellow Bells said...

I was also shocked when we visit Ace in DFC,we brought some books to sell to buy new ones but BnB is no longer there. make us sad too.

Brn said...

It happened at the end of December. We were very said too.

Delia said...

Thre's this other awesome place tucked in a secret corner in Abu Dhabi:

http://www.thegazelle.org/issue/15/features/ad-secrets-books/

The books are not categorised but the prices are unbeatable and you can even return them and get half of the money back.

Ann Marie said...

Thanks Delia, I'm going to check that out for sure. AM

How to be a happy expat

Because a cloud wall makes you want to take a selfie.  After 10 years living in the UAE, some of that time happy, some miserable and ...